They arrived in America on the following day, landing at John F Kennedy Airport in New York City. Their honeymoon lasted two weeks, and included time spent with the Eastman family.
Paul and Linda McCartney begin their honeymoon
12.00pm, Sunday 16 March 1969 (44 years ago)
Also on this day...
- 1970: Playback: McCartney by Paul McCartney
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono fly to Paris
- 1965: Filming: Help!, Austria
- 1964: US single release: Can't Buy Me Love
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day's Night
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Sheffield
- 1963: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.