Shankar had opened an LA branch of the Kinnara School of Music in May 1967. The Harrisons, Aspinall and Mardas watched him teach for a while, and later in the day had a meal with Shankar on Sunset Strip.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Paul McCartney produces The Iveys’ Come And Get It
- 1968: Mixing: Hey Jude
- 1966: George and Pattie Harrison holiday in Devon
- 1964: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Bournemouth
- 1963: Live: Grafton Rooms, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.