Dolly's nightclub, situated at 57-58 Jermyn Street in London, was a favourite haunt of The Beatles and other 1960s luminaries. On this evening Paul McCartney and Neil Aspinall paid a visit, along with Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones' Brian Jones and Keith Richards.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Recording: Something
- 1969: Television: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed for How Late It Is
- 1966: Radio: Saturday Club, Pop Profile
- 1965: The Beatles arrive in Amesbury, Wiltshire
- 1964: Paul McCartney, Jane Asher, Ringo Starr and Maureen Cox fly to Lisbon
- 1964: John and Cynthia Lennon, George Harrison and Pattie Boyd fly to Hawaii
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.