The Scotch, as it was known, was located at 13 Masons Yard, off Duke Street in London. The Beatles had their own table at the club, which was fitted with a brass plate bearing their name.
John Lennon and Ringo Starr visit Scotch Of St James nightclub, London
10.00pm, Saturday 12 February 1966 (47 years ago)
Also on this day...
- 2012: Band On The Run wins Grammy award for Best Historical Album
- 1970: Recording, mixing: Let The Rest Of The World Go By by Ringo Starr
- 1964: Live: Carnegie Hall, New York City
- 1963: Live: Astoria Ballroom, Oldham
- 1962: Radio audition: BBC Broadcasting House, Manchester
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.