Once the sequencing had been decided, Martin telephoned the running order to EMI Studios at Abbey Road. On 17 and 19 November master discs were made, and the album was quickly manufactured ahead of its UK release on 3 December 1965.
George Martin decides the running order for Rubber Soul
12.00pm, Tuesday 16 November 1965 (48 years ago)
Also on this day...
- 2010: Apple announces The Beatles on iTunes
- 2009: Paul McCartney awarded the third Gershwin Prize for Popular Song
- 1973: UK album release: Mind Games by John Lennon
- 1965: Paul McCartney compères for Gene Pitney
- 1964: Television: Top Of The Pops
- 1963: Live: Winter Gardens Theatre, Bournemouth
- 1962: Radio: The Friday Spectacular
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1957: Live: Stanley Abattoir social club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.