The Beatles performed at Margate’s Winter Gardens on six consecutive nights, playing to two different ‘houses’ each time.
Also on this day...
- 2009: McCartney rebuffs rumours that Michael Jackson left Beatles songs in will
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Here Comes The Sun
- 1968: Recording: Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
- 1968: The Beatles attend a press screening of Yellow Submarine
- 1966: UK EP release: Nowhere Man
- 1966: Travel: India to England
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.