As part of the Tommy Roe/Chris Montez tour of the UK, The Beatles made their first live appearance at the City Hall in Newcastle-upon-Tyne. They performed at the venue on three subsequent occasions.
Live: City Hall, Newcastle
8.00pm, Saturday 23 March 1963 (50 years ago)
Also on this day...
- 1970: Tape copying: McCartney by Paul McCartney
- 1970: Mixing, editing: I've Got A Feeling, Dig A Pony, One After 909, I Me Mine, Across The Universe
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Getting Better
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day's Night
- 1964: John Lennon's In His Own Write is published
- 1964: US EP release: The Beatles
- 1964: US single release: Do You Want To Know A Secret
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club. Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.