The was The Beatles’ only live show at this Victorian era venue, normally used as a Turkish baths and swimming pool, although they performed in Doncaster, Yorkshire, on four other occasions.
Also on this day...
- 1970: Mixing: Sentimental Journey by Ringo Starr
- 1969: Recording: Don’t Let Me Down
- 1968: Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr arrive in Rishikesh
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite!, Good Morning Good Morning
- 1965: Recording, mixing: If You’ve Got Trouble, Tell Me What You See, You’re Going To Lose That Girl, That Means A Lot, You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away
- 1963: Radio: Parade Of The Pops
- 1963: Recording: Misery, Baby It’s You
- 1962: Live: Floral Hall, Southport
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.