The Beatles flew from Liverpool to Hamburg on this day ahead of their second residency at the German city's Star-Club, situated on Große Freiheit off the Reeperbahn.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, North Carolina
- 2009: Lennon biopic Nowhere Boy trailer released
- 2009: Paul McCartney reveals Good Evening New York City teaser video
- 2008: Beatles music to feature in forthcoming video game
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1964: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Bournemouth
- 1963: Television: Drop In, Stockholm, Sweden
- 1963: Mixing: Money (That’s What I Want)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1960: The Beatles agree to play the Top Ten Club
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.