The Beatles performed just twice in the Cheshire town of Runcorn, 14 miles south of Liverpool. This was their first visit.
They played at the La Scala Ballroom on the High Street. The group returned to the venue on 11 December 1962.
Designed by Leonard Clegg, La Scala was built in 1913 and was initially used as a cinema. From 1957 it was converted to a ballroom, and featured live acts on alternate evenings. It was used as a club until 1987 when it was converted to a bingo hall, but closed in 2006. Demolition of the building began in August 2012.