The Beatles played twice at the Majestic Ballroom in Crewe, Cheshire. This was the first date; the other came a week later on 20 August 1962.
These were the group's only dates in Crewe. The Majestic Ballroom stood on the town's High Street. It was owned by the Top Rank organisation, and the beat nights held there were billed as "The biggest rock since Blackpool Rock".
The venue was built as a cinema and opened in 1933. It was converted in 1961 and reopened as the Majestic Ballroom, but became a bingo hall in 1965, with three cinema screens later added. The building was converted to the M Club in 2007, but the lease was acquired by Sainsbury's supermarket and the club closed in 2010.